Episode 6 features Tony Snow. Tony comes from the line of hereditary chiefs from the Stoney Nakoda Nation. Tony is now a pastor with the United Church of Canada, and completing his Master at the Vancouver School of Theology. In this episode we talk about indigenous spirituality, the unique story of the Stoney people and their relationship with the early missionaries to the land, and the work of decolonizing the Christian faith. It’s a longer episode, but well worth the listen.
Author of Thrive, and Soul Coats. Writer, pastor, entrepreneur, non-profit developer, and sometimes speaker. Writer on anti-racism, re-imagining faith & culture, diversity, reconciliation, and mission. From Canada to the world.
Free E-book Download
- #20 – On Belonging for BIPOC Christians and other Marginalized People Too (Part 2 of 2)
- #19 – Change the Story – The Start of the Journey Towards Anti-Racism with Rohadi (Part 1 of 2)
- #18 – Black History in Nova Scotia and How to Leave Your Church to Belong with Chad Lucas
- #17 – On Justice, Anti-Racism, and the Effects of White Churches on Black and Brown Bodies with Drew Brown (Part 3 of 3)
- #16 – Deconstructing White Church Experience from Black and Brown Bodies with Drew Brown (Part 2 of 3)
- #15 – On Neighbourhoods and Deconstructing Crappy Christian Worship with Drew Brown (Part 1 of 3)