Featuring Mandy Capehart
We live in a world that’s a barrage of grief, yet we lack the skills and communities to support through it all. Why is that? In this episode, Mandy and I meander our way through what it takes to cultivate life giving community where all can belong. Before that, Mandy shares her story walking through deconstruction and her own seasons of grief. As a grief coach, she has a few things to share. Check out the show notes below.
- A quick conversation about Oregon Trail;
- Deconstructing worship and the industrial worship complex;
- Mandy shares her recent journey through deconstructing evangelicalism;
- How loss and grief spiralled and catalyzed something new;
- Finding how contemporary church operates as self protective rather than walking in vulnerability in community;
- The search of belonging and community;
- Mandy shares about her story and experience with trauma and grief, her own journey, and holding space for others;
- Dissecting why churches struggle with lament and sorrow;
- The pursuit of wholeness walks through uncertainty yet through the human experience;
- When does grieving end? When does healing happen? Grief in every aspect of life….and what does fully alive mean.
More about Mandy Capehart:
Mandy Capehart is an author, speaker, and certified grief and life coach in the Pacific
Northwest. She is the founder of The Restorative Grief Project, an online community of grievers
and grief supporters looking for movement while they heal. Her own experience with grief left
her searching for resources while offering empathetic, long-term support without minimizing the
pain of the moment. When she found nothing, she created it for herself and for you.
Her first book is titled, “Restorative Grief: Embracing our losses without losing ourselves”
released in 2021. This is a memoir and 31 day guidebook for managing grief and growth in the
aftermath of loss, no matter how long it lasts.
You can hear more about her grief work on her podcast, Restorative Grief with Mandy Capehart.
She also co-hosts The Uncomfortable Grace Podcast, where space is held for growth amid the
messy middle-parts of life.
Mandy is a storyteller through and through, always in pursuit of adventure, grace, and
opportunities to express gratitude. No matter the medium, her work revolves around learning
how to honor our process of becoming. She currently lives in Southern Oregon with her
husband, daughter, border collie rescue pup, and way too many houseplants.
Coming at you from Treaty 7 Territory in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Don’t forget to rate and follow this podcast. Share it with your friends. Faith in a Fresh Vibe connect: Rohadi.com | Twitter | Instagram