Episode 42 features David Hayward, a name you may not be familiar with, but whose art you certainly are. Found everywhere as the @nakedpastor, David has a wide array of tools to share his message. In this episode we cover a lot of ground starting with an introduction into David’s art ranging from writing, water-colours, to his widely successful cartoons. As the #deconstruction picks up attention around social media, David recounts early moments engaging in deconstruction in thought and practice. We later discuss a shared connection from our pastor days in the Vineyard Church, and end with a hopeful picture for the future. Learn more about the man behind the illustrations.
- Introduction David Hayward
- Examining art in writing and cartoons. The birth of the NakedPastor
- Writing on #deconstruction before it was ‘cool’;
- Examining Derrida and other early thinkers;
- What it looks like to enter a process of deconstruction, on open spaces;
- Questions for everything;
- Challenging religious foundations;
- When you no longer fit the institution;
- Stories about LGBTQ affirming churches;
- art and themes
- Capturing wide spaciousness
- exploring the language of freedom connected to liberation
- What does community look like moving forward?
Find all of David’s links at this website, including his store: https://nakedpastor.com/
Faith in a Fresh Vibe connect points: Rohadi.com | Twitter | Instagram
Intro and Outro are tracks from Drew Brown’s album, “Hymns for the Architect.” http://www.drewbrownmusic.com/.