In this edition, deconstruction at its finest. A story about coming out of fundamentalism, and into a journey of deconstruction. We mark pathways out of white supremacy and white evangelicalism. My guest, @the_decolonized_Christian from Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/the_decolonized_christian/. This account exposes the church’s colonial past from an anti-colonial perspective; amplifying postcolonial voices. He is a guest on St??:lo?–Coast Salish territory. You can find more link details here: https://linktr.ee/TheDecolonizedChristian
- Intro of the_decolonized_christian
- Unpacking shared stories on deconstruction.
- Noticing and experiencing the cracks in religious formation (11 mins)
- Facing the crossroads; to leave or stay in church and faith (13 mins)
- Unpacking the white evangelical church experience and power (18 mins)
- Marking points along the journey of deconstruction (22 mins)
- Catalysts to deconstruction (25 mins)
- Tools and ideas on re-learning and re-imagining (30 mins)
- Crisis of faith (32 mins)
- Dismantling white supremacy for white people (35 mins)
- Critique to the institutional church (37 mins)
- Tensions of staying in the church (44 mins)
- Good News for all creation (47 mins)
- Link to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission report.
- Indictment on white evangelicalism (53 mins)
- Intro and Outro courtesy of Jon Corbin. Interlude courtesy of Dru Bex.