***Updated November 20th, 2017.***
I’ve been sitting on this post for a while. I’m posting as is, and will add over time, due to recent internet rage over #thingsonlychristianwomenhear that went viral on Twitter. Sarah Bessy started the revealing movement and later added this response,
Here is a running list of resources tailored by me that features strong, established, and emerging women giving voice to a new conversation. I know this list is incomplete; if you have something to add please leave a comment.
- Sarah Bessy: http://sarahbessey.com/blog
- Rachel Held Evans: https://rachelheldevans.com
- Karina Kreminski: http://www.karinakreminski.com.au/blog/
- Kaitlin Curtice: https://kaitlincurtice.com/ (new)
- Junia Project: juniaproject.com
- CBE International: cbeinternational.com
- Diana Butler Bass: Follow @dianabutlerbass
- Beth Moore: Follow @bethmoorelpm
- Tara Beth Leach: Follow @TaraBeth82
- Christena Cleveland: Follow @cscleve
- Sarah Bessy – Jesus Feminist
- Rachel Held Evans – Searching for Sunday
- Tara Beth Leach – Emboldened: A Vision for Empowering Women in Ministry
- Kaitlin B. Curtice – Glory Happening: Finding the Divine in Everyday Places Paperback
In no particular order.
- Being Black, a Women, and Evangelical
- Six Myths About Advocating for Women in Ministry (http://www.patheos.com/blogs/jesuscreed/2016/10/24/six-myths-about-advocating-for-women-in-ministry/)
- Pastoring as Mothering (http://www.missioalliance.org/pastoring-as-mothering/)
- Gifts and Order – Dave Fitch (http://www.missioalliance.org/church-plant-teaches-us-women-ministry/)
- 9 Marks of Healthy Complementarianism. (https://blogs.thegospelcoalition.org/kevindeyoung/2016/04/22/9-marks-of-healthy-biblical-complementarianism/)
- Scot McKnight’s reply (http://www.patheos.com/blogs/jesuscreed/2016/04/25/deyoungs-9marks-of-complementarianism/)
- Justifying injustice with Bible part 1 http://www.cbeinternational.org/resources/article/arise/justifying-injustice-bible-slavery?page=show
- Justifying slavery with Bible part 2 http://www.cbeinternational.org/resources/article/arise/justifying-injustice-bible-apartheid?page=show
- Indispensable: Women who plant churches in NT (http://www.missioalliance.org/indispensable-women-plant-churches/)
A Case for Female Deacons – Dr. Hubner
Beyond Sex Roles: What the Bible Says about a Woman’s Place in Church and Family 3rd Edition – Gilbert Bilezikian
Daughters of the Church – Ruth Tucker; Walter Liefeld
Paul and Gender – Cynthia Westfall
Bailey, K.E. (2008). Jesus through Middle Eastern Eyes: Cultural Studies in the Gospels. Downers Grove, IL: Intervarsity Press.
Bailey, K.E. (2011). Paul through Mediterranean Eyes: Cultural Studies in 1 Corinthians. Downers Grove, IL: Intervarsity Press.
Belleville, L. (2000). Women Leaders and the Church: Three Crucial Questions. Grand Rapids: Baker Books.
Bilezekian, G. (2006). Beyond Sex Roles: What the Bible says about a Woman’s Place in Church and Family. Grand Rapids: Baker Books.
Cunningham, L., and D.J. Hamilton. (2000). Why Not Women? A Fresh Look at Scripture on Women in Missions, Ministry, and Leadership. Seattle: YWAM.
Giles, K. (2006). Jesus and the Father: Modern Evangelicals Reinvent the Doctrine of the Trinity. Grand Rapids: Zondervan.
Henderson, J. (2012). The Resignation of Eve: What if Adam’s Rib is no Longer Willing to be the Church’s Backbone? Austin: Barna/Tyndale.
James, C.C. (2010). Half the Church: Recapturing God’s Global Vision for Women. Grand Rapids: Zondervan.
Johnson, A. F. (2010). How I Changed my Mind about Women in Leadership: Compelling Stories from Prominent Evangelicals. Grand Rapids: Zondervan.
Keener, C.S. (2009). Paul, Women and Wives: Marriage and Women’s Ministry in the Letters of Paul. Peabody, MA: Hendrickson Publishers.
McKnight, S. (2011). Junia is Not Alone. Denver: Patheos Press.
Payne, P.B. (2009). Man and Woman, One in Christ: An Exegetical and Theological Study of Paul’s Letters. Grand Rapids: Zondervan.
Pierce, R. W., Groothius, R.M., & G.D. Fee. (2005) Discovering Biblical Equality: Complementarity without Hierarchy. Downers Grove, IL: Intervarsity.
Wright, N.T. (2005). Scripture and the Authority of God: How to Read the Bible Today. New York: Harper Collins.
Thank you to Nikayla (https://twitter.com/Xikayla) for the Bibliography.